There are many different skills and things you learn when you are growing up through various experiences. Some of the most important lessons can be learned from jobs that one would never expect to gain anything valuable from. Managing a pizza chain may not seem like the greatest job in the world but there is a lot that can be taken from the experiences that people encounter in the line of work. Below is a list of a few things that can be taken from the job and applied to future work and daily life.
1. Jump in and help any employees with their duties.
2. Address any issues before it can spread.
3. Leaders do what they have to do when their team is backed into a corner. Sometimes the business can get busy some nights and helping out with duties that aren't necessarily in the manager's job description can really get things back on track.
4. As a manager have clear expectations and be consistent. Make sure it applies to all employees and don't play favorites.
5. Everyone is human and will make mistakes from time to time. Just have a short term memory and don't repeat the same mistake.
Are you a pizza fan? Check out this awesome decorative pizza pillow here.