Modern day western culture had developed into one driven by consumerism, with intensive marketing and a multitude of seasons centred around gift exchange. Now whether you think this is a good thing or a bad thing, there is no doubt that giving a new gift to a toddler, be it that it is one of a relative, friend or even your own, the expression on their faces is worth a million dollars. Children love receiving presents, it is in their curious nature, so why not get them something amazing that they will love and in years to come look back on with fond memories. It may be difficult to choose the right gift, especially if you don't know the child too well, but her are some top tips when choose your next gift that will keep any toddler happy.
1. Number one tip is to get the high quality toys, from reputable manufacturers. Kids are inherently rough with their belongings, so get them something durable so as they will not get upset when it breaks.
2. Make sure your toy is safe to play with. Their will always be a recommended age listed on the toy and if not, use your better judgement.
3. Make sure you buy an age appropriate toy, something that will also have the potential to grow as the child does. This way you are sure that they will not get bored of the toy quickly. Learning and informative toys are a great idea in this case.
4. Get them toys that will excite their imagination. Lately a lot of young children are playing video games, however this doesn't give them the chance to expand their horizons and develop their creative side. Imagination is a key importance when buying a child a toy.
5. Above all else, get them something that fits their personality. Something they can carry around so they can play with when bored. A companion toy. A great idea is a teddy bear, something they can paint a personality onto. Here is an example of a wonderful and mouldable bear to keep children entertained for years to come.
Teddy bears never seem to age, they become part of children's lives when they become more than just a toy.
Grab it here!